Tuesday, February 7, 2012

365 Days of Twinipedia - Day 51




Day Fifty-one of Twinipedia: 
















Fact #51
Ever wondered why twins are called twins?  Well, we know that most words and sayings have meaning behind them.  Often those meanings derive from historical stories or from the original language they were spoken in.  

TwinsMagazine found that the word twins comes from the ancient German word twin, and also from the word twine, both meaning "Two Together".

I love understanding the meaning of where words or sayings come from.  The word Twin/Twine gives me such a wonderful visual of two little babies physically entwined in each other's little lives while inside of their mother's belly.  I love how twin baby's bodies wrap and wind around each other inside the uterus.  It makes me smile every time I see an image of twins In Utero.  You can "feel" the bond that is developing while looking at it.


So lovely!





No comments:

Post a Comment