Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Strep Throat - The Dictator

Yup - that is how I see Strep Throat today.  THE DICTATOR of my life.

I had told you last week about my big win with the Pantene Favorite Hair Product Contest.  Well, yesterday was my big day.  I was heading to the city to get a fabulous make over by Pantene at a wonderful, Chic NYC salon.

Well, this is when the Dictator comes into play.  My 8 year old had been complaining of a sore throat for 2 days and she has received multiple notices from school saying that Strep was in her class.  So, I decided to play it safe and take her to the MD to rule out Strep throat before I hit the train station and headed south to get pretty.  Hah, little did I know that The Dictator had other plans for my day.  And it dictated my day this way....I was going to have a daughter with strep throat and I was Not going on a train ride, I was Not getting to New York City, I could Not try to have a late lunch with my college roommate, I was Not going to relax and enjoy myself but was instead going to run around getting medicine and soup and ice cream all the other needed items for a streppy-throated kiddo.

So, the Sickness Dictator won again and ruled my world like so many times before in my life as a mom of young kids.
I am so totally bummed and disappointed that I missed this great experience but I am glad that my little one has the medicine she needs to start to feel better and I am glad that I was able to get her diagnosed sooner than later so that she wasn't uncomfortable any longer.

So for those who did get to go to the event, I hope you had a great time and I hope you look fabulous.  Me, I still have ugly roots showing now, dirty hair and blemished skin but life will go on, dictator or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment