Day Seventy-four of Twinipedia:
- One of two offspring born at the same birth.
- One of two identical or similar people, animals, or things; a counterpart.
The origin of the word twin-
- before 900; Middle English; Old English twinn (adj.), getwinn (noun and adj.); akin to Old Frisian twīne, Old Norse tvinnr double, Gothic twaihnai
|Gemini bracelet by Alex and Ani|
- German- zwillinge
- Latin- gemini
- Japanese- futago（ふたご、双子）
- French- jumeau (man), jumelle (woman)
- Italian- gemella (woman), gemello (man)
- Spanish- gemela (woman), gemelo (man), melliza (woman), mellizo (man)
- Dutch- tweeling (man, woman), tweelingbroer (man), tweelingzus (woman), tweelingzuster (woman)
- Portuguese- gêmea (woman), gêmeo (man)
- Swedish- tvilling (man, woman)