Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Twins - We are loving the new Nautical siren collection from Alex and Ani



AHOY Friends!!!


Becca and I are twin sisters who love to sail.  


We grew up sailing in Rhode Island on Narragansett Bay and I actually met my future husband when he and I learned to sail and sailboat race together as youngin's  (We have known each other since I was 11 years old - yup!).


My sister, my husband and I spent our teenage and college summers teaching sailing to local kids and what a fabulous summer job it was.  Sailing, sun, fun, water and teaching little buggers about something we all loved.


Well, because of this great love of the water and sailing, Becca and I have always been drawn to nautical inspired things...ie. shirts with anchors on them, jewelry with a sailboat as a charm, bags made out of sailboat sail material, rope head bands...  So you can imagine our delight this a.m. when we got an email from the Rhode Island-based business Alex and Ani sharing their new, nautically fabulous "Nautical Siren" jewelry collection that was just released today.


We adore the Love Knot bracelet and my niece is going to flip over the Mermaid bracelet.  I am liking the new anchor piece too.  It's different from their past anchor bracelets since these anchors are part of the wrap-around style and not a charm. Cool look!


Best part, Alex and Ani use only recycled materials to make their jewelry which makes us love their pieces that much more since recycling helps the environment, which, in turn helps Save Our beloved Narragansett Bay.  Go Recycling!!!!!


Check these great new additions out and happy sailing, swimming, shopping and summering from me and Becca!
Oh and check out their Olympic themed collection as well.  Wear your USA spirit on your arm!


Alex and Ani website -
http://www.alexandani.com/collections-new/nautical-siren.html


Alex and Ani's Facebook Page - 
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151071944259936&set=a.153829284935.109998.129710704935&type=1&theater

No comments:

Post a Comment